Wednesday, February 2, 2011

SnOw DaYs!

We are on our fourth snow day for the winter.  I love snow days...and hate them.  I love being home with the kids, but when you can't get outside, you start to go a little stir crazy!  Plus, Brecken isn't feeling well.  He has a runny nose, cough, and he can't sleep because he basically feels like crap. 
Yesterday morning, Erick and Ava made pancakes for all of us using my grandma's recipe and they were yummy! 


Throughout the day, Erick had the crockpot going so that we could have french dip sandwiches for dinner.  They were pretty good, but we decided we liked a recipe that he had previously used better.  We have spent both days just trying to stay busy.  It's been a little difficult since we have to constantly hold B-man because he is so terribly whiney.  Erick and Ava made peanut butter cookies today--a very easy recipe consisting of peanut butter, sugar and an egg.  Ava made a marshmallow sculpture.  We tried to rest.  Ha ha!  That doesn't work so well anymore.  We played games, took baths, watched movies and played in the playroom.  Ava didn't get dressed the entire day yesterday!  We kept asking her if she was cold, but she insisted she was just fine. 
Today she said something pretty darn funny.  She was wheeling her backpack around the house and Erick asked her what was inside.  She said, "It's just my little ass bag." 
Silence. 
"What?" asked Erick. 
"My little ass bag." 
Oh my!  She had no clue what she was saying--she makes up words all the time and that's what she thought she was doing.  We got a pretty good laugh out of it though!  




  I LOVE spending time with my kids, but I think there is a reason I am a working mother.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment