Monday, May 9, 2011

Is God a Boy or a Girl?

Ava's question the other night was about God.  "Is God a boy or girl, Mommy?" Erick replied, "That's a good question, Ava."  We ended up answering by telling her that God was whatever she saw in her mind.  That seemed to satisfy her for now. 
Tonight, while reading a short story in her bible before bed, Ava asked a million questions.  It was the story of Moses.  Here were the questions: "Why was that man mean?  Why did he send them away?  Why did he put the baby in the river?  Does the mean man like me?"  I said yes to that last one, of course.  I didn't know what else to say!  She asked why he liked her and I said, "Because you're nice."  "And I'm pretty?"  she asked, smiling.  Yes, that too. :)  She continued to ask if the mean man (the Pharoah) liked me, Daddy and Brecken.  And then she asked several more times about Moses floating down the river in a basket.  "Is the basket like a bathtub?"  Too funny.  I love her questions!
In the car not too long ago, Ava was knocking on her window trying to get the attention of the man in the car beside us.  It's her new thing.  She tries to get the attention of someone and then she waves at them.  Anyway, this man didn't turn to her, of course, because he couldn't hear the knocking.  She kept asking why he wasn't waving at her.  Down the road a bit, she said, "I think I know why the man with the chocolate face didn't wave at me."  And she continued to say why, but all Erick and I heard was, "the man with the chocolate face."  Don't worry.  I talked with her at bedtime and let her know the "right" thing to say.  Also, found out later where she got it from--shout out to Evan. :)
I'm sure I have more funnies...I need to remember to write them all so I don't forget.  

2 comments:

  1. I am glad she has the intelligence to question things. She gets that from both her Mommy & Daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my... do i need to talk to her? i can explain everything lol

    ReplyDelete