Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Little Mermaid


Ava and I got to see The Little Mermaid today!  It was put on by the Music Theatre of Wichita at Century II.  I wasn't sure how long the muscial would last until the man announcing the show said it was two acts, around one hour each with a fifteen minute intermission.  I thought, whoa!  Didn't quite know if Ava was going to make it through the whole thing without getting antsy and whiney.  But she sat on my lap the whole time and barely moved.  Well, her mouth moved.  She asked quite a few questions.  But it was awesome--we had so much fun together and it was pretty cool to see her so interested in the musical.  Right when it was over and we walked out the door, Ava began talking about how she wanted to put on a play when we got home.  As we walked, she was talking a mile a minute about how she was going to be Ariel, Daddy would be King Tritan, Brecken would be Flounder and I would be Ursula.  But she had stipulations on my character.  She said, "Mommy, you have to be the witch, but you can't take away my voice because you aren't magic.  You have to be a nice witch.  Not mean."  Too cute! 
A quick picture before we left.

Had a stranger take this one before it started.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment