Monday, August 13, 2012

Last Day...

This was the last weekend of summer break for the Littles.  It was slightly sad, but we made the best of it!  Saturday morning we went to breakfast in Old Town and then walked around the Farmer's Market for a while.  We walked over to the fountains and discovered something fabulous!  The ChalkArt Fest 2012.  It was really a perfect morning.  Ava even said, "This is our special day.  I love this day."  Melted my heart. 
The line for face painting was too long, so I told Ava we would buy some at Michael's and paint faces on Sunday morning.  And we did just that.  I painted flowers on her face and stars on Brecken's face.  Ava painted clouds and flowers on mine and she painted Erick like a duck.  Seriously, his entire face was covered in yellow and orange paint.  Super funny!  We had a picnic lunch in the backyard on Sunday and Ava and I went to the pool in the afternoon.
I've been back to work for a week, but this weekend I really felt that summer break was ending and I didn't like it.  I love being with my kids, having PJ Days, and doing whatever we want, whenever we want!
Oh well!  We always have evenings, weekends and days off!  The kids went back to school today and had a great day!  They are quiet and tired tonight.  Hopefully it'll be an early night so they can get rested for another busy day with their friends.  I'll say a little prayer. :) 
My classroom is almost ready for my 25-ish Firsties.  I'll try to remember to take some pictures tomorrow so ya'll can see what it looks like this year. 
At breakfast

Eating a cherry Chilly and a wedding cake Chilly at the Farm & Art Market.


Adding to the artwork at the ChalkArt Fest 2012.

Fountain time!











Had to change clothes to listen to the band! 

Getting ready to paint my face.


No make-up, just face paint by my favorite four year old girl.

1 comment: