Friday, July 26, 2013

Snipes

The Littles and I went to VBS each evening this week and had so much fun! B was too young to do all of the rotations that we did, but he had a great time. Ava and I got to spend some one on one time together and we really enjoyed ourselves! I think we both learned a lot. Each night was at church except for tonight, which was at All Star Adventures (the theme was amusement park stuff the whole week).
We had a fabulous time tonight riding rides, playing games and miniature golfing. The kids absolutely LOVED the rides! Bugs, swings, bumper boats, rollercoasters, slides, cars, etc. We all rode the rollercoaster twice and then Ava and I rode it again two more times. My favorite thing was watching Ava was driving the go-carts and was a very determined little girl. All of the other kids were minding their own business and just driving along. Ava, on the other hand, made sure she passed one girl. Then she continued to try to pass a boy. He realized what she was trying to do and kept going back and forth across the road and not letting her pass. She tried for one and a half rounds and then passed him! Loved the look on his face and hers! Too funny!
As we were mini golfing, we came to the hole where you hit the ball into the castle. The people ahead of us said the castle had been eating the balls so it would be best to skip it. So we did. No big deal, right? Well, it became a big deal when B-man continued to ask what was in the castle that was eating the balls. I repeatedly told him that nothing was actually in the castle and that the golf balls were just getting stuck somewhere and not coming out. He kept asking...I kept telling him the same thing. Then he asked Erick. Well, Daddy's answer was a little different. "A snipe is in the castle eating the golf balls." Yep. So then there were more questions about snipes and eating golf balls. Erick told Brecken that snipes only eat golf balls and popcorn. Brecken talked and asked about it the whole way home. I rolled my eyes and sighed at my husband. When we got home and walked in the door, B told me to hurry and shut the garage door so the snipes couldn't get in. Oh my...I am sure he'll be talking about snipes again tomorrow. Poor Brecken.
Here are some fun pics from our week! They are all taken from my phone, so some are a little "off".


 

Games in the gym. Ava was fast!

She killed it at this game too!


Boat races







So determined. Love it.



On the rollercoaster. He loved it!






No comments:

Post a Comment