Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Little Free Time

Erick and I had the chance to have a little free time this weekend.  His birthday is tomorrow--he'll be 32--and all he wanted for his big day was some time away from the kiddos.  No schedule, no getting up early, etc.  So I asked my mom to take care of A and B for the weekend and she happily accepted.  We ended up just house swapping for the night actually, because she thought it'd be easier for everyone if they just came to our house.  So they stayed with the kids and Erick and I headed out to Marion.  We relaxed in the hot tub, watched basketball, ate lunch at a restaurant without having to quickly shovel food in our mouths so that we could get out of there before the kids got antsy, I read an entire book, and we I slept in.  It was nice for us to get away for a bit and nice for the kids to be with Nanny and Papa.  I am sure my mom took some cute pictures of the kids while we were away, so I'll put them up when I get them.
When we got back into town, Ava and I went to the store to buy a cake mix so we could bake Erick a birthday cake.  They had the little carts there and Ava loved it!  I wasn't allowed to even help her steer it.
Loving it!
Cheeeeeese!
Ava got to help mix and then she licked the bowl clean before she took a bath!  I know it looks nasty, but it's a red velvet cake! :)  We will ice it tomorrow night and sing happy birthday to the best husband and Daddy!
Before the mess

Wanting to do it by herself
Getting slightly messy
Scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment