Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Ava and Mommy Had a Date!

Oh, it was a fabulous morning and early afternoon!  My mom and stepdad came over to play with Brecken and I got to spend quality time with my best girlfriend!  First, we went to the Y to swim.  As we were walking up the already hot sidewalk, her BFF from school was walking up at the same time.  Ava and Cole played together for quite a while and she was swimming like a perfect little fish!  It was so fun to watch Ava and not have to pay attention to Brecken (much as I LOVE him) at the same time.  It was relaxing and wonderful. 
After swimming, I asked Ava where she'd like to go to lunch.  Her answer was McD's or Wendy's.  I had to say heck no to those places.  I told her this was a date and we were supposed to go somewhere fun to sit down and have someone wait on us!  So we chose On The Border.  She, of course, had chicken strips and fries but oh well.  Oh, and she had chips and salt.  Man, that girl and her salt.  She learned (from her cousins) how to just take out one chip at a time, pour salt on it, take a bite, pour more salt, take another bite, repeat.  She said it was the best restaurant ever.  It was fabulous to be able to take her somewhere and chat and giggle without telling another little someone (much as I LOVE him) to sit down, eat, sit down, don't touch, sit down, don't throw, etc.  Ava and I were finishing our meal and a complete stranger stopped at our table as he was leaving and said this: "I have to interrupt you two for a second.  I love to people watch and I just had to stop and say that you look like an awesome mom."  Wow!  I said thank you and that I really appreciated it and he smiled and left.  Then I kind of teared up.  I have been working my little (big) Mommy butt off this week and I needed that!    
Last, we went to the bookstore and picked out a few books--one for Ava, one for Brecken, and one for my classroom.  Ava loves the bookstore like I do.  We could've stayed for hours if we didn't need to go relieve Nanny and Papa from Brecken duty.
Ahhhh....a much needed date with my baby girl.  It was lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment