Thursday, June 7, 2012

Hooray for Summer!

I am finally done working for the summer (sort of...I can't seem to turn my brain off)!  Yahoo!  I'm so excited to be able to spend more time with the kiddos, play, take naps, stay up late, read, etc. 
Ava just finished her first session of swimming lessons for the summer and she did great!  She will be on Level 2 again this coming session and we'll see after that.  She loves the water--swims like a little fish.  Brecken isn't doing lessons this summer, but we went swimming tonight and he DID NOT want to leave!  We're really going to have to watch the little guy this summer because he isn't scared.  He was starting to jump in the water to us and also just trying to get in the water all by himself from the side of the pool.  He's crazy.
We went to the library and signed up for the summer reading program.  Both of the kids have a goal of 50 books which is quite easy since we read five million every night.  "Just one more, Mommy!"  I love that they enjoy books so much.
Let's see, what else have we done?  Swim, library, the park, dentist appointments...Oh!  Ava just had her first dance class this week.  Erick took her since I had a meeting so he sent me a couple of pictures.  The class is a fairy tale combo at the Children's Theater.  They read a book, do a craft, sing a song, and learn ballet and tap.  She said she had fun and I can't wait to watch her next week!
Well, I think that's it for now.  I'll leave you with some pictures.


Geez.  Looks like Brecken is about to do something he's not supposed to do.


Ava took this one.


Cutting veggies for our Memorial Day dinner.

Stirring the mushrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment