Saturday, July 14, 2012

Sixty-One

We celebrated the July birthdays in my family today, which included my grandpa, my brother and my mom.  It was a great morning full of family and yummy food.  We seriously need to get together more often. 











My mom turned 61 last week and we contacted some of her old friends and many family members and had them snail mail or email me some of their favorite memories with my mom.  We wanted to make sure we had 61 memories (one for each year of her life, of course).  We filled 61 envelopes with the memories and she opened them this morning and read all of them aloud.  It definitely took a while, but it was worth it.  It was fun to hear the memories that friends and family had of my mom! 
From Granny's Cookie Day to peeing to having to drink before getting on a plane to always being there for others...the memories were awesome and she appreciated hearing from everyone that took the time to write. 
Some of the memories spread out on my living room floor.

In the envelopes.
 
My beautiful mama.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment