Monday, April 18, 2011

lost and FOUND

So, Brecken slept awful last night without his best friend.  It took him forever to fall asleep.  He cried and cried and cried.  Poor baby.
This morning I called the March of Dimes office to ask if the giraffe had been turned in, but I just had to leave a message since no one answered.  Then a funny thing happened.  I got a message from a sorority sister of mine.  This is what it said:
"Hi Heather, I think I stumbled upon the giraffe you are missing. I'll post a pic on my profile. Let me know if you want me to buy it for you."
So I looked at the picture.  And guess what?  It was the one!  My hero!  I talked to her and she said she had happened to go into a boutique in KC, was looking around, and saw it just hanging there.  She had seen my posts on Facebook and thought it was what I was looking for.  After I talked with her, she went back to the shop, bought it and shipped it!  How much did the giraffe cost, you ask.  Well, don't ask.  It's better that you don't know.  Oh, and this one will smell SO much better than the original!  For a while, anyway. 
Later in the afternoon, I decided to call March of Dimes again (just in case).  Someone answered and I asked if they had anything turned in from the walk on Saturday.  They did.  So I asked about the giraffe.  They had it!  I was thrilled!  Brecken didn't have to miss another night of sleeping with his friend.  So I made a trip to the office after work, picked it up, took it home and washed it.
So.  Now I am double happy.  B-man has his original giraffe back and he has another one coming tomorrow!  So now if one gets lost again, we have a back up! 
I feel better now and so does Brecken.  He went to bed so easy tonight.  While I fed him his bottle, he held his giraffe and rubbed his face with it.  And my heart skipped a beat.
By the way, if you are reading this and are not a parent or know nothing about children, you will not completely understand how big of a deal this damn giraffe is. :)

Giraffe went straight in B's mouth when I handed it to him.


No comments:

Post a Comment